Alright! Let’s get started with this fun recipe, perfect to try out this weekend. But wait! Can cannabis actually be used in coffee? Why yes of course it can and we’re about to do just that. Moreover, combining cannabis through edibles (such as coffee) will not only end in a delicious end result but also works much more effectively than just smoking it; and the effects last longer, too!
We’ve compiled a very simple and quick 5 step guide below.
- To begin, let’s grab our dearly beloved nuggets and break them down into small pieces. We recommend a good quality grinder for this.
- Next we’ll be heating up 3 cups of water over medium heat on the hob. While you’re bringing the water gently to a boil, be sure to add either butter or coconut oil into the boiling water causing it to melt. The reason we’re using butter / oil (your choice) is for the cannabis to easily be absorbed as it boils.
- Almost there! Now take your crushed up cannabis and sprinkle it (while listening to Shakira’s “whenever, wherever”) in the boiling water. Leave it for 35 to 40 minutes for it to fuse into the boiled water and butter/oil. Keep in mind while you don’t have to watch over it, stir it from time to time over the 40 minutes.
- Once the time has passed, strain this delicious mixture through a small hole sieve. Once that is done, we can go ahead and prepare this beauty of a coffee.
- Finally! Pick your favourite coffee and add the combination together. Feel free to add any extras such as sugar or vanilla syrup as preferred.
What are your thoughts on this delicious recipe?
For starters, we’re proud of this very simplified recipe that anybody can duplicate at home! If you find yourself with about an hour of spare time and want to try it out, we’d love to hear your feedback on how yours turned out!