Hello everyone! We're so happy to have you on our blog, and for such a joyous and pastel coloured occasion! Yes, we are of course talking about Easter! And with that, we would like to take a minute (maybe less) to wish all of our readers, patrons and our extended cannabis family a beautiful, warm and Happy Easter!
Before we proceed to this edition's recipe (which the title may have given away - that's right, deviled eggs!) let's brush up on a some light history as to why Easter is called "Easter".
St. Bede the Venerable, the 6 century author of Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum (“Ecclesiastical History of the English People”), maintains that the English word "Easter" comes from Eostre, or Eostrae, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring and fertility. Other historians maintain the “Easter” derives from in albis, a Latin phrase that's pural for alba, or “dawn," that became eostarum in Old High German, a precursor to the English language of today.
Despite its significance as a Christian holy day, many of the traditions and symbols that play a key role in Easter observances actually have roots in pagan celebrations—particularly the pagan goddess Eostre—and in the Jewish holiday of Passover.
Cannabis-infused deviled eggs recipe
And now that we've gotten our inner history buff out of the way, let's get to this amazing recipe!
Not to toot our own horn, but these little bad boys are delicious, creamy and definitely pack a kick. The best part of all is this recipe is a fast one! Okay maybe we've been tooting our own horn a little, but can you blame us?
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cannabis Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Pinch Paprika for Garnish
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and boil eggs for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove eggs from boiling water and place in a medium saucepan of cold water until cool.
- Remove the shells and cut the eggs lengthwise to remove the yolks. Place yolks in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix in the mustard, Cannabis Oil, mayonnaise, garlic salt and onion powder with the egg yolks. Scoop the mixture into the hollowed out areas of the egg whites. Garnish with paprika. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Serve the Cannabis Deviled Eggs
This is a quick recipe, creative, and we've even made this recipe which honestly we can't wait to try! This is a really fun recipe to make, and we're just so happy to be sharing it with our cannabis friends. We hope you try it out, and that it brings a few extra laughs this weekend. Stay safe and see you soon in our next article!