It’s surprisingly easy!
- Log into your Licensed Producer’s website and find your order history. Do this for any LP you have ordered from in the 2017 tax year.
- You can print a copy of every order you placed in 2017 to keep in your personal files with a copy of your tax forms, or to send along to your tax auditor.
- Add up the total amount you spent on medical cannabis in 2017. Note that you cannot include items like vaporizers, baking mixes, pill machines, clothing, or other non-medical items you may have purchased from your LP.
- Put this total on your taxes in the medical expense field, along with any other medical expenses you have incurred throughout the year.
- You’re done! You will now receive the appropriate tax return for your medical expenses.
Now the fun part: